Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have brown spot close to iris and I it seem get bigger, is

I have brown spot close to iris and I it seem get bigger, is it sign of cancer?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. The characteristics of a pigmented lesion on the conjunctiva that are concerning for malignancy include increased in size, change in shape, change in consistency and or color, or increasing thickness. For this reason I would recommend seeing your ophthalmologist to determine whether there are malignant features to the lesion. Doed that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Doctor DanB : It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Customer:

u mean it can be dangerous ?

Customer:

and it can be caner?

Customer:

and i got the windshield washer fluid get in my eye..my vision is ok and not red..do i need to see a doctor for this?

Doctor DanB : Yes, it's possible this could be cancer. While unlikely, the possibility does exist. If you have washed out your eyes after getting the windshield washer fluid in it and your eyes appear to be improving then I do not think you need to rush to see the eye doctor yet. So after using artificial tears 4-5 times per day for the next few days if your eyes continue to be irritated you should see your eye doctor.
Doctor DanB : Do you have other questions about this?
Customer:

so i dont need to see a doctor if i dont feel irritate ?and for monitor brown spot in the eye.do i need to ct scan or anything ?

Doctor DanB : I still think you should see the ophthalmologist to determine whether this brown spot has any malignant features.
Doctor DanB : Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.