Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems

I got a severe pain in my right eye yesterday when I looked

I got a severe pain in my right eye yesterday when I looked upwards. It did not last long and I have not had it since but it worried me as I have never had that before. I am a 70 year old male. I had glaucoma about 15 years ago and had laser treatment to both eyes to 'drain' the pressure.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom : Are you available to chat about your eye?
Dr. Tom : Since you are not available for a live chat, I will switch over to the question and answer format and give you some information.
Dr. Tom : The brief, fleeting pain that you described is one of those types of symptoms that can be difficult To find a diagnosis. Often it is attributed to a referred pain into the Orbital area from a Temporary sinus Pressure. Since you have not had any recurrence, there would not be the need for an urgent ophthalmic examination. Your past history of treatment with laser for glaucoma is also not very likely related to this recent episode. So the good news is that you probably won't have any further difficulty. On the other hand should the pain recur or should you have any change in your vision in either quality of vision or double vision you should see an ophthalmologist promptly. I hope this has been useful information for you. Thank you for allowing me to answer your question.
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience: 30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.