Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems

I had an avastin injection over a week ago, and yesterday that

I had an avastin injection over a week ago, and yesterday that eye felt bruised in the morning. Again today it's the same. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm sorry you're having this problem. May I ask you a couple of questions to get started?

Dr. Tom : Was this your first a Avastin injection?

no, I've been getting them every 5-6 weeks for a year and a half. This is the first experience with a bruised eye.

can you e-mail me some advice? I'm afraid I have to be somewhere shortly.

Dr. Tom : Thank you for that additional information. Yes I will be glad to continue this chat with you when you are available although I think we probably could finish it up pretty quickly right now. A bruise is pretty common after an ocular injection so it's not likely that anything serious has happened. The primary concern is infection. But your symptoms don't sound like that is the problem. You should be on the lookout for significant redness ,further pain ,or change in vision. The warm compresses may give you some comfort but the Bruise will resolve on its own. You should follow up with your retina specialist As soon as you can get through to them. Is anything else I can answer for you?

no. thank you.