Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I wore goggles in the pool yesterday that were too tight, of,

I wore goggles in the pool yesterday that were too tight, of, going underwater they got tighter. I removed them but, this morning I woke up with a swollen eyelid that looks bruised. Could wearing goggles that were too tight have caused me to bruise my eyelid?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Yes, this scenario is certainly plausible. The pressure from tight goggles that then tighten under more pressure on the water can cause broken blood vessels that then cause bruising around islands swelling of the eyes. I should expect that this would go away without any consequence, but I would recommend using cold compresses liberally instead of warm. Cold compresses limit swelling and bruising.
Doctor DanB : Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?