Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Started wearing glasses and now when I take them off my eyes

Started wearing glasses and now when I take them off my eyes hurt. Not sharpe pains but simply feel like there over straining. What do i do?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
JACUSTOMER-wpq9axfp- : Yes
JACUSTOMER-wpq9axfp- :

i am avalible

Doctor DanB : You are very likely having strain related to your accommodative (or focusing muscles in your eye) straining to see without your glasses). When your eyes become used to the correct refractive lenses making the vision clear, the eyes don't have to strain to focus, but once the lenses aren't in front of your eyes, your eyes strain to correct the refractive error themselves. Does this make sense?
JACUSTOMER-wpq9axfp- :

yes this makes sense thank you :)

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Do you have any other questions about this?
JACUSTOMER-wpq9axfp- :

what do you suggest as a remedy

Doctor DanB : Really, the only thing is to wear the glasses--it's hard to train the brain to not attempt to achieve clear vision once it knows it can have it.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
JACUSTOMER-wpq9axfp- :

yes i understand the brain want to have correct vision but doesn't know how to get it without glasses. Thank you very much for your time it has helped sooth some worries for me. i thought there was soothing wrong with my eyes

JACUSTOMER-wpq9axfp- :

again, thank you very much

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!