Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I currently wear 1-Day Acuvue TrueEye contact lenses. My doctor

I currently wear 1-Day Acuvue TrueEye contact lenses. My doctor was out of the TrueEye lenses and gave me a demo pack of 1-Day Acuvue Moist. I asked her what the difference was between the two, and she couldn't really tell me. I've tried the Moist lenses
for a few days and didn't notice much of a difference from TrueEye. I typically wear my contacts for 14-16hours a day, and spend a large amount of time working on the computer. Can you please explain to me the pros and cons of TrueEye vs. Moist lenses. Would
TrueEye lenses be better for my eye health in the long run? I read some anecdotal posts online of TrueEye lenses being more breathable, and letting in more oxygen.
You are correct. The biggest difference between these two lenses is that the true eyes lenses does let a significantly higher amount of oxygen through to the cornea. The cornea is dependent upon oxygen for most of its nutrient value and therefore a contact lens that allows more oxygen to the cornea will allow for a healthier Cornea. Does this make sense?
Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this?
I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...
Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.
My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for clarifying. Do you know how significant the oxygen permeability difference is between the two lenses. Is is something in the order of magnitude of 10-20% different, or is it a 2-3X difference?Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Actually, I found it. TrueEye has about 115 Dk/t has about 45 Dk/t
You got it. Right on. You have any other questions about this?
If not, Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.