Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I see object auras - problem with my retinas?

Customer Question

I have been having a problem with my vision since Sunday. I see object auras in bright colors like a prism when I look at an object and then a different colored surface. So I constantly see different flashes of rainbow like colors off of surfaces. It is like it imprints instantly even if I only stare at something for like one second. Does this mean my retinas are going bad? Both of my eyes are having the same problem and I have also been getting tension headaches and pain around my eyes for minutes at a time since Tuesday.

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Is any of this associated with sensitivity to light, nausea, irritability, or sensitivity to loud noises? Is this happening in both eyes? In other words can you cover one eye& have it be happening in the other eye as well?
JACUSTOMER-0mirakzl- :

I am a little irritable. I've had the sensitivity to noise at night problem since last year. Yes, it is happening in both of my eyes with or without my glasses on.

JACUSTOMER-0mirakzl- :

Are you there?

JACUSTOMER-0mirakzl- :

JACUSTOMER-0mirakzl- :

Are you still figuring out my question?

JACUSTOMER-0mirakzl- :

Do you need more details?

JACUSTOMER-0mirakzl- :

I guess this conversation is over?