Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Does the gas ever move after Scleral Buckle Surgery?

Customer Question

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. My name is Dr Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. I am an retina surgeon.

Dr. Rick :

The gas bubble, depending on what gas was used, will slowly go away over the next 4 to 21 days.

Dr. Rick :

As the bubble shrinks you will start to see it inside your eye and, yes, it will move around as you move your head and eyes. This is nothing to worry about.

Dr. Rick :

Your body replaces the gas bubble with fluid so, just in case you were wondering, your eyeball is never "empty"

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Chere,

I see you are offline. Please allow me to copy my reply here for your review:

Dr. Rick says:
11:20 AM
11:20 AM
11:21 AM
11:22 AM
11:22 AM

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS