Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

lI had a corneal transplant and a cataract on June 4, 2013.

Customer Question

lI had a corneal transplant and a cataract on June 4, 2013. The white of the eye is all red. and black eye. How long will it take for the blood to go out of the eye? And is there any thing that I could do to help the blood in the eye. All of the white is all red.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom : Are you available to chat about your question now?
Dr. Tom : The indicator is states that you are standing by. Please reply and we can get started your question.
Customer :

Yes, Do you need the phone number 614 352 8566

Dr. Tom : Hello again, and thanks for responding. Give me a minute to type a response and then you and I can continue to chat.
Dr. Tom : The first thing that you should know is that you should not be particularly concerned about the redness. Your surgery was Just about a week ago and it is not surprising that you still have some redness. The redness is very much like a bruise. Your Body will resorb the blood. If the bruises were under the skin of your arm, for example, it would look purple. On the surface of The eye it looks red. But don't worry it will go away in time. There isn't any medication that you can use to hurry up the process. Does that make sense? Do you have any other concerns.
Customer :

Will putting hot compress help?

Dr. Tom : Yes, warm compresses are beneficial in the postoperative phase. And you should certainly continue the instructions you were given by your ophthalmologists regarding your eyedrops. May I answer anything else for you tonight?
Customer :

No, Thank you

Dr. Tom : Okay, glad to be of service. Please take a moment to rate My service to you. Thank you very much. Good night
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Suzanne,

Please take a moment to click the big smiling face to rate my help to you.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Hi again Suzanne,

Just so you know, Doctors who are available to help on JA do not get any compensation until clients give us a positive rating.

So may I ask you to please give me a positive rating . If you wish to ask anything further , please do. I am standing by.

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.
Suzanne, may I ask you to please give me a positive rating ?