Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

i have had lasic in my right eye years ago for reading now

Customer Question

i have had lasic in my right eye years ago for reading now i notice not to often my one eye will be lazy and be some where else than the other eye which had no lasic some times distracting im male 60 they do match quickly think i might need glasses or redo lasic?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Camille

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is Dr Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

When you had the lasik surgery, did you have your eyes set up for "monovision"?

What do you mean by your eye being "lazy"? Does it point in a different direction than your other eye?

Have you seen an ophthalmologist since these problems started?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i had monovision i called lazy eye because read up on web md it is just what i called it. only lasted 30 sec closed one eye till it corrected . been under heavy stress very tired . it seemed liked right eye affixed on an object and the other cant because it cant see close so it veered off slightly thats my theary

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks for that extra information.

At this point I do not believe this is anything to worry about.

As you said, one way to correct this issue might be to have lasik in your other eye, setting both eyes for distance vision only.

The down side to this treatment is that you will need to wear reading glasses for all your near tasks, such as reading, using the computer etc.

Since this issue doesn't occur very often I think you could just leave things as they are. Should the problem get worse, I would consider having a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS