Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Hey Doc,Had a quick question here. For the past couple

Hey Doc, Had a quick question here. For the past couple weeks I've had some really dry eyes. I thought that was nothing but then I was getting some pressure above and below my eyes, also around my nose. It also affects my vision, it's not so much that my vision is blurred, but just feels like I can't focus. I recently was prescribed glasses (-1 prescription). They do help make things clearer, but still have trouble focusing. My eyes feel so much better when i close them and when i apply pressure with my fingers on my face (above eye, below eye, and around my nose). Is this more an eye problem or a sinus problem you think? I also get sort of rings around bright lights and my eyes are sensitive to the light in the morning but gets gets better in the afternoon.

Also am getting floating black specks. 

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. This definitely sounds more eye than sinus related. I would recommend using artificial tears 4-5x/day for the next couple of weeks to help you get over it. Does this make sense?

Yeah that makes sense. That will help get rid of the pressure and black specks?

Doctor DanB : Yes, that will likely help the pressure feeling.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?

Yes, it seems weird, i've never had eye problems before, but this has occurred rather recently. Thanks for the help, I'll try to artificial tears and then if problems come up I'll go see an eye doc.

Doctor DanB : You're welcome. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!