Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I woke up and it felt like my eye was on fire. I rubbed it

I woke up and it felt like my eye was on fire. I rubbed it constantly. Eventually I was able to return to sleep. But when I woke up later and looked at my eye it looked like I had been burned around my eye

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : I would recommend using cold compresses on this eye several times per day. In addition I would recommend using 1% hydrocortisone ointment smeared on the affected skin twice per day. It may take several days to a week or so for this to finally go away but this should help resolve the burn sensation. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved... Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!

Thanks for the quick response. im still boggled by what could

Thanks for the quick response. i

thanks for the quick response. im still boggled by what could have caused this. i dont have the burning sensation only at that first wakeup. but the mark around my eye is mostly under the bottom. its not red or irritated

Doctor DanB : Is it boggy and/or swollen?

Mornin DrDanb no it's not boggy or swollen just a strange patch appeared around the inner corner,under,and outter area of eye

Doctor DanB : Can you take a picture and attach it to your next post?