Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

can you look at a picture of my eyes?

can you look at a picture of my eyes?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Yes, go ahead and attach it to your next post.

not sure why the chat wasnt working

Customer: [email protected] if we get disconnected again

it has been on going for maybe a month or so

and I have been taking the drops for 3 days now

I am in Afghanistan and the doctor is not an optometrist and I wanted to know if there were any other issues

Hi. My name isXXXXX and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

I see that your expert has opted out.

I have reviewed your picture. It looks like you have a dilated conjunctival blood vessel leading to a small pinguecula.

In my opinion, from what you have posted and the picture you posted, you do not need antibiotic drops.

Many times blood vessels can normally become larger when they are associated with a pinguecula. Also, allergies and other irritation can cause inflammation in the pinguecula and make the vessels easier to see.

In the picture I do not see any evidence of a bacterial infection. Of course, your doctor got a better look at your eye than I have :)

Here is some information on this condition:

It sounds like what you have is called a pinguecula. This is a change in the skin around the eye (conjunctiva) from a lifetime's worth of exposure to sunlight. It is not a cancer. It also can become irritated and red at times.
Here is a link to a picture of a small pinguecula. You can find many other pictures by going to Google images:

This is link to a picture of a pterygium. As you can see one of the major differences between a pterygium and a pinguecula is that a pterygium grows across the clear part of your eye (cornea):

If you are bothered by your pinguecula it can be surgically removed fairly easily by your ophthalmologist using local anesthesia. One word of caution however.....they have the nasty habit of growing back, sometimes with a vengeance.

Here is a good web site:

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest