Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

my vision just went from farsighted to nearsighted and i had

my vision just went from farsighted to nearsighted and i had to change prescriptions and get new glasses all in the course of a year and a half. I was recently diagnoses with severe sleep apnea, and i have hiv, htn, and high triglycerides/cholesterol, all of which i am on meds for. I am just trying to figure out why my vision shifted so dramatically and what will become of it in the future. My optomotrist does not now why and it remains a mystery to me too. Could you give me any indications of why this is so. I am not a diabetic and my meds have not changed recently.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. My name isXXXXX and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Many times this is nothing to be concerned about. That being said, a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist is in order to make sure that there has not been any changes in your lens or any swelling in your retina.

From what you have posted, I do not think you have anything serious going on but, given your medical history, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS