Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My friend recently got into a car accident and suffered a concussion.

My friend recently got into a car accident and suffered a concussion. She is home from the hospital now and says that her left eye is drooping and she is very concerned about it. What would you recommend that she do?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : What's her I injured in this accident? She having a vision issues like double vision?
Doctor DanB : If there was some eye trauma or eyelid trauma this can cause a droopy eyelid. If there was no direct eye trauma, then this could be related to a traumatic interruption of the sympathetic nervous system as it innervates the eyelid. If there was significant neck trauma associate with this concussion and the pupils are different sizes in addition to a droopy eyelid Then this could indicate a serious problem with the blood vessels in the head. I would recommend that he be seen by an ophthalmologist as soon as possible to determine whether the serious issues exist. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved... Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!