Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I got a new pair of glasses and they are very heavy. I notice

I got a new pair of glasses and they are very heavy. I notice pain on both of my ears and numbness down the left side of my face to my chin. No motor problems and no facial pain, just numbness. It starts 2 hours after putting on my glasses. On days I wear contacts instead, no numbness. Is it the glasses? Or my imagination?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. My name isXXXXX and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like it is your glasses.

Dr. Rick :

If you have a very high Rx, you could ask the optician to use high index lenses, which are usually plastic, and this will make the lighter.

Dr. Rick :

Also, the frames may not be fit well to your face....have the optician adjust them.

Dr. Rick :

Also, you might want to have the prescribing eye doctor check the prescription to make sure it is correct and that the glasses were also make with the correct Rx.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

yes, thank you