Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Bruised or broken nose?

I may hve hurt my nose, my allergies were btohering me so I kept rubbing my nose side to side my it was itchy. Before I know it, my nose started hurting me like I moved my nose from it's position. It hurts when I try to breathe in my nose or when I try to smell something. Did I break my nose, my nose hurts at the the top of the bridge.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. It is highly unlikely that you broke your nose from from rubbing it, even vigorously. However you may have bruised it a bit. Also the inflammation from allergies is likely making it painful. I would recommend using a cool compress, try not to rub your nose, but to take out watching medicine, both oral and nasal. Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved... Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!

What do you mean by : but to take out watching medicine, both oral and nasal. Does this make sense?

Doctor DanB : Sorry. My auto-correct did me in. I was trying to say that you should be taking oral and nasal allergy medicine to include antihistamines and nasal steroids.

I told my doctor that my allergies were bothering me but he said he didn't want to perscribe me anything with steriods for a tiny woman.

Doctor DanB : That seems like an odd thing to say. Nasal steroids for allergies are quite common and do not pose a threat to you just because you are small of stature. Are you at least taking an oral antihistamine?

zyrtec but my allergies are more annoying than ever even though I took a zyrtec pill. My eyes are itchy and I almost stratched my eye ball today becasue of how itchy my eyes were

Doctor DanB : I would recommend getting an allergy drop. Zaditor or Alaway are good over-the-counter options. Pataday is an excellent prescription alternative. But if this plus the oral antihistamines aren't enough, I would ask your doctor again for a nasal steroid or seek a second opinion.

Thank you for your help, I know it's late but thank you.