Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Hi there, I have an eye which is constantly red and I discovered

Hi there, I have an eye which is constantly red and I discovered a little lump in it where the redness is concentrated. This is on the eyeball itself not the the lids. It feels grainy from time to time and there is slight pressure behind the eye.
graphicHello,

Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

Does it look similar to this image?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it does and it has a lump exactly where the redness seems to eminate from in the picture.

Hello Chantal,

Thank you for the reply and additional information.

This is called as pinguecula and it occurs as a small yellowish lump between the colored part of the eye and the inner corner. Its surrounding tissue can get inflammed thus causing redness and irritation. The treatment is is the form of anti-inflammatory eye drops. Loteprednol eye drops are very effective but are not available OTC ( require a prescription from an eye specialist). In the meanwhile you can try putting lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for soothing effect.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist