Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I am 67 male with rentina adhession in my left eye 20/70 will

I am 67 male with rentina adhession in my left eye 20/70 will I go blind.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

I am a retina surgeon.

Can you tell me more about what is going on with these adhesion's?

Did an optometrist (OD) or an ophthalmologist (MD eye Surgeon) tell you about this issue?

What sort of eye problems are you having now?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take blood presure meds BENICAR 40/25 AMLODIPINE 10/20 n I take AVORDAT for prostake. Seen for eye test md and sent to opthalmology eye in good condition except for adhession
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I snt information 20 minutes ago I seen MD OPTMOLOGEST . Eye seems in good condition except for adhession in eye. 20/70 in bad eye left eye. I take blood presure medicine. BENICAR HCT 40/25 n AMLDIPINE BENAZEPRIL 10/20 and ADVODART prostate. Right eye shows no problem.Redaing in left eye is poor but see firly in bad eye.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please my answer! Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Bill,

It is Memorial Day and, when I get a chance like to sleep in, I do :)

Does your ophthalmologist believe that your 20/70 vision is do to the retina traction (vitreomacular traction syndrome)?

If not, why is your vision so poor in that eye?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe doctor thinks traction does afect vision but he did not say! What he did say that it looks to him that it is not going to get worse. And he wants to see me in 6 months. He gave little chart with dot on it and lines to check eye every 2 weeks to contact him if lines get wavy or change in some way. After reading about jetrea I think I should have receive a injection in bad eye. T o releave traction and improve vision. And to prevent risk of retina detachment.Just to mention I see good out of my other eye right. Bad eye I can not read book and mild blur in vision. Thank You
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Bill,

I think it is time for you to gather up your medical records and consult with a retina specialist. If you do have VMT syndrome with vision at the 20/70 level, in my experience, treatment is indicated at this point -- all other things being equal.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bill,

I just finished doing a vitrectomy this morning -- although not for VMT syndrome -- and my thoughts turned toward you.

Have you had a chance to consult with a retina surgeon yet? If so, what did she have to say?

I hope you are doing better.

Dr. Rick MD FACS