Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

My husband is 52. He has being wearing glasses for the past

My husband is 52. He has being wearing glasses for the past 3 years. He found out that he is far sighted (was not seeing well at near distances). He always complains that he believe his eyes are getting bad very fast. He works on a ship. He was complaining that while on the ship he believe he is not seeing well has to use the glasses all the time. Whenever he goes outside in the sun he has to be covering his eyes. He went to a specialist and was give eye drops to use and told to wear a shades. He also was told his problem with the glare cannot be reversed but will stop it in its track. He was home in Jamaica recently and was not doing badly i think but as soon as he goes back to work he has being complaining of his eyes getting bad(worse) and not seeing properly even with the glasses on. By the way his glasses prescription was gotten about 4 months ago and filled about two months ago. He wants to know what is his problem and if their is a solution. He was tested for Glaucoma and cathract and they came out negative.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. So decreasing vision and light sensitivity are his problems?
Doctor DanB : Is his vision good in the glasses?
Doctor DanB : Does he have eye redness, pain, tearing or discharge?

he thinks it is not good on the ship but not complaining much when home. he wants to know why his sight is going so fast he does not have redness, tearing or discharge

when i talked back to him he said yes there is a redness developing

Doctor DanB :

If his vision is only blurry while on the ship (especially while wearing his glasses), it may be associated with the environment (wind, water, sun). If his eyes are getting red, this may be an inflammation inside the eye causing the redness and light sensitivity. He needs to see an ophthalmologist to have an exam to look for this inflammation, called iritis. If he saw an ophthalmologist already then he needs a second opinion. There should be a reason why he is having these symptoms and it may be this iritis. Does this make sense?

Doctor DanB :

Does this information help address your concerns?

Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?

It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns.

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!

thanks. yes it does make sense. but you did not tell what can help such a problem

Doctor DanB : Unfortunately I cannot diagnose the exact problem that is causing this without seeing him and examining him. Therefore I cannot tell you the specific treatments to use. For this reason I recommended that he see the ophthalmologist. For one diagnosis it may require one treatment; for another diagnosis a different treatment.