Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince

Hi i have a small pimple on top of my eye lid ( not close

Customer Question

Hi i have a small pimple on top of my eye lid ( not close to the lashes) ... is a bit pain baut not bad. It's bothering me. I use warm wash cloth but i want to get rid of it. What kind of medicine should I buy over the counter?? Barb xxxxx
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai : Hello,Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
Dr. A.S. Desai : Are you available for chat now?
Dr. A.S. Desai : Since how many days have you had this pimple of the eyelid?
Customer : Hi I'm deaf so u know... It's a little pimple and just showed up last night. I just want to get rid of it .. that's all
Dr. A.S. Desai : Is there any pointing of pus on the pimple?
Customer : not yet
Customer : just a little pain when i blick it and no pus
Dr. A.S. Desai : Well in that case it could be an early stye. The treatment of this is warm compresses to be given for 10 minutes, thrice a day for 3-5 days. This is sufficient in most cases. If the pain is unbearable then an analgesic can be taken.
Customer : i would like to get under the counter medicine.. what kind can i get ??
Dr. A.S. Desai : Only if there is an abcess or cellulitis, oral antibiotics are given. There is no role for antibiotic eye drops here.
Dr. A.S. Desai : Except for analgesics for relief from pain , nothing else is required.Only if there is an abcess or cellulitis, oral antibiotics are given. There is no role for antibiotic eye drops here.
Customer : ok i'll try that ... that's all i want to know..... so i owe u 18.00 right ??
Dr. A.S. Desai : You can take Tablet Acetaminophen, 500 mg , 1 tablet twice a day for relief from pain.
Customer : my pain is not bad.. I'm ok with it :)
Dr. A.S. Desai : Well in that you should begin to get relief within a day or two with warm compresses alone.
Customer : ok thanks for the be help.....
Dr. A.S. Desai : You are most welcome !
Customer : o we u 18.00 right ?? thank u :)
Dr. A.S. Desai : Yes. Have a good day!
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi i do not want to be a member for monthly payment of $18.00.... please keep me out of this.... thank you for the help
Your request has been forwarded to the concerned experts for the needful. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi i do not want to be a member on monthly payment of 18.00.... please cancel it thanks

The customer support department has requested that for any further help regarding payment/membership issues , you can directly mail to them at-
support@justanswer.com

Regards