eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children

why do albinos have purple eyes???

why do albinos have purple eyes???

eyesight2020 : Patients that have albinism have an inability to produce adeguate amounts of melanin which is needs to give pigmentation to the skin and eyes .As a result sometimes the eyes will appear to be blue or as you stated purpilish in color.
eyesight2020 : Any other questions,please feel free to leave them in the box below.
eyesight2020 : If this has answered your question,please feel free to rate it before you leave the website.
So it is because of the lack of pigment in the iris that causes the eyes to appear blue or purpilish in color.As well as an albino to be very fair in complexion.Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.