Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i hope you gat that rating and tip i sent . so i ahve this

Customer Question

i hope you gat that rating and tip i sent . so i ahve this NEW pimple or boil or std at my anus again . again its not at the anus hole its at the buttcheek . its ahrd and kinda big but i cant really get a good picture of it. again i ask can you get std there if youve never had any kind of anal activities. also ive been ahving some stomach problems like diarrea but not really . could this be a sign of anything serious? std or HIV wise
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Hopefully the ratings will come through now...we will see.
Dr. Rick : I do not think you have to worry that this is a STD. It does sound like a boil.
Dr. Rick : You should soak in a shallow hot tub twice a day so help it come to a head and drain.
Dr. Rick : In my opinion, from what you have posted, this is not a sign of HIV or a STD.
Dr. Rick : Does this make sense to you?
Dr. Rick : I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.Thanks in advance,Dr. Rick MD FACS
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Rick says:
8:26 AM
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
8:26 AM
Hopefully the ratings will come through now...we will see.
8:27 AM
I do not think you have to worry that this is a STD. It does sound like a boil.
8:27 AM
You should soak in a shallow hot tub twice a day so help it come to a head and drain.
8:28 AM
In my opinion, from what you have posted, this is not a sign of HIV or a STD.
8:28 AM
Does this make sense to you?
8:28 AM
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.Thanks in advance,Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wait i only now notice that you are not an HIV specialist........ youre an eye doctor?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I currently am a Retina Surgeon.

But, I actually trained as an internal medicine intern in New York City where over 90% of my patient load was HIV, HIV related diseases, STDs, TB etc. My hospital was the busiest AIDs hospital in the Nation while I was there....

I have extensive clinical experience in this area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can i be sure of this? why did they refer to me to an eye doctor when i had an hiv specialist before...
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Because I wouldn't have helped you if I thought I didn't know a lot about your issue.

But, you happiness is what matters most. I can opt out and another expert can come in an assist you if you would like.

let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so i have anbother bump or 2 bumps taht arise now . one at the pubic hari area and one by the thigh . i can show you a picture of the one at the pubic area . can you examine them and tell me what would actually look like something std related?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I did not get the positive feedback you sent before.

Also, do you now want to work with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well cant change now . since you read everything would be easier

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
John,

Good news. That does not look like it is related to HIV or any STD to me.

You are safe.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I was just thinking about you and wondering how that spot was doing. Have the warm baths helped at all?

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
boil is gone i think. before i rate. can you tell me what would be suspicious of std or hiv? cause ive been getting alot of bumps on my butt and some on my belly close to the pubic hair area. thanks again
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Sorry John,

Time to rate.....
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
John,

Glad that rating button has been fixed :)

HIV does't cause little bumps like you talking about.

Of course, the best way to see if you have HIV is to be tested. This way you could stop worrying.

Does this make sense to you?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what about std? i dont have both right? thats what you are saying
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
That is correct, John. No need to worry from what you have posted.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so what are these bumps? your opinion
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Based on your post and previous pictures they look like a furuncle.

They can be treated with warm compresses and, if you want, topical triple antibiotic cream.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

even this one at the butt near where there is hair . whyy this one is different is cause it is tender when i spray water on it . bear in mind that it is kind of high pressured what but still never felt that tenderness before .

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
they can be a bit different from each other. It is tender because it is an infection. It will feel better once it drains.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its now 3 months since the incident. should i go grt tested??? are you 100% sure im clear of hiv? cause i feel different . having some weird pains in my knees , thighs and the often feeling of diarrhea. arent these symptoms of hiv?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
John,

This question thread has been answered. You should open a new question at this time and, should you so desire, you can ask for me and I will be happy to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is regarding the same thing though
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Still, a new thread should be opened.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
That was not very nice. No need for a poor rating because a new thread should be opened.

I will opt out and hopefully another expert will help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

all i asked was to tell me what would actually be a worrying accident for HIV or std . all you ever said was no your fine . even when it was unprotected? how so? explain to me why mine was not an infectious episode and tell what is a potentially infectious episode .

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for making me smile. I think it is cute that you have asked me another question after giving out as many negative ratings as you possibly can.

I have opted out so that another expert can assist you. Take care and have a good day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that you got HIV because you didn't wear condoms and were exposed to her vaginal fluid although it is not always that people got HIV through the vaginal sex and blow jobs. It is recommended to have a test. If you have it, your doctor checks your CD4 periodically. Even though you have HIV, we will not start the treatment if the CD4 count doesn't become less than 500. or you don't have severe HIV symptoms.

this is what another doctor on this very site said . explain please