Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

Hello, My father has glaucoma for about 5 years now, which

My father has glaucoma for about 5 years now, which has blinded his two eyes completely. we have been informed that there is no known cure, pls can you confirm this or let me know if there has been any medical miracle treatment for the condition. I am a 41 year old female, pls advice what fluids/ointments/eye drops etc that can be applied to clean the eyes, l desire very white eyeballs.

Hello. Thank you for your question. You are correct, vision loss related to glaucoma can not be fixed with medicines or surgery. Treatment for glaucoma is important because it prevents further deterioration and saves the vision you still have!There may be other causes of vision loss not related to glaucoma such as cataracts. good news is that this can be fixed, so check with your doctor about that. Regarding your second question, I recommend systane or refresh eye drops to soothe your eyes and keep them white. Use these drops 4 times daily as needed.