Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I recently had an eye exam, was told i had presbyopia both

I recently had an eye exam, was told i had presbyopia both eyes. Wanted to go with monovision, and have +2.75 right eye, +1.00 left eye. Went to order contacts, and questioned if I should order the Acuvue Oasys for presbyopia, was told to order just the hydroclear. Does this sound correct?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Yes, the hydroclear is sufficient. If you're planning on monovision, then you do not need a presbyopic lens to accomplish this--the hydroclear will suffice. does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions?
Doctor DanB : I need to step away from my computer for 5-7 minutes, but I will be back to check and see if you've made it to the chat room and if you have any questions about this.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about what I've said?
Doctor DanB : Are you available? Do you need any further clarification of what I said?
Doctor DanB : If not, your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!