Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I sustained an eye injury, it was a chemical burn ph 12.0 alkaline

I sustained an eye injury, it was a chemical burn ph 12.0 alkaline burn to right eye! I took the the proper procedure, and rinsed my eye out with water, then yelled for some help, while I went to the first aid kit to get "saline" for my eye, by the time I received help, I, and my fellow co-workers noticed that my right eye, when I opened it up there was, like a plastic layer, from top to bottom, and I told them to please take it out, my question is after going to the ER, and seeing an Optome

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. It sounds like you've had a horrible experience. What exacly can I help you with? What concerns / questions do you have?
Customer: I went ahead an ordered my glasses, workman's comp says, that they won't pay for them, because the prescription, does not state that the injury to my right eye was not due to my chemical burn. Here is what is on my script right -0.50 sphere +1.00 cyl 175 axis +1.75 add left-0.50 sphere +0.50 cyl 162 axis +1.75 add I have noticed a difference in my vision since the accident, should I get a second opionion\
Doctor DanB : First of all, I think getting a second opinion is never a bad idea. It can only benefit you. However, it appears that the prescriptions of both eyes are relatively similar. In addition, I wouldn't expect an alkaline burn to the eye to cause a significant refractive error to the eyes. However, it is very possible that this alkaline exposure has changed your vision. If the glasses are able to return your vision in that eye to 20/20, then it's unlikely there is any permanent vision change from the alkaline burn. But if not, then it's still possible that the alkaline exposure has affected your vision, but not likely in any form that glasses would help/change. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this?         It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.    I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved... Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!