Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have always been fit & healthy & work 10 hours per day 7

I have always been fit & healthy & work 10 hours per day 7 days a week with energy & enthusiasm i . 3 months ago i developed cold like symptoms, with headache,sick feeling, fatigue loss of appetite, weakness in joints, my eyes are sore & itching, & my vision has slightly deteriorated , i take vitamins daily vitamin b,c,fish oil,calcium, i have not worked for 3 months, i sit in a chair all day ,after sleeping for 10 hours ,too weak & tired to get out of the chair. my symptoms are, ( cronic fatigue, ) loss of appetite, slight headache, loss of enthusiasm , ichy sore eyes, loss of vision, i ware spectacles, i am not taking drugs of any kind

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Do you know what blood tests your doctor ran? There are a few that I think should've been run and I'd like to know if they were included in the panel of tests your doctor performed?

Doctor DanB :

Are you there?

Customer:

blood test =CBC.LIPID.CMP.TSH.HEMOGLOBIN.T3

Doctor DanB :

Thank you for getting that information. What do you mean by loss of vision?

Customer:

EVEN THOUGH I WARE GLASSES MY VISION HAS DEFINITELY BECOME WEAKER,LIKE LAZY WHEN I TAKE MY DISTANCE GLASSES OF TO REST MY EYES OBJECTS THAT WERE USUALLY STILL IN FOCUS ARE NOW OUT OF FOCUS & I NOW HAVE TO WARE MY GLASSES.. & TO READ UP CLOSE I HAVE TO WARE MY READING & MY DISTANCE TOGETHER( ON TOP OF EACH OTHER )

Doctor DanB :

Okay, I think there are a couple of possibilities of illnesses that can be causing your symptoms. The first is "Mono" or what is more completely termed infectious mononucleosis. There are antibodies that your doctor can run to determine if this is the case. The other, which is more rare, but certainly possible in your age group. This is called Giant Cell Arteritis or temporal arteritis. It can be particulary dangerous because it can cause sudden vision loss and can be heralded by the vision transiently going out, double vision, but also the constitutional symptoms you are having and headaches. I would recommend having your doctor evaluate you for both of these entities. Does this make sense?

Doctor DanB :

Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?

Doctor DanB :

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!

Customer:

OK BUT WHAT IS CAUSING MY CRONIC FATIGUE & PERMANENT TIERDNESS

Customer:

MY CONCENTRATION,,MY SORE WEAK EYES, MY CRONIC FATIGUE, ALL SEEM TO BE LINKED TOGETHER

Customer:

YOU DID NOT REPLY OR GIVE ME AN ANSWER TO MY LAST QUESTIONS WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF MY CRONIC FATIGUE , ALL MY SYMPTOMS SEEM TO ME TO BE CONNECTED, MY CONCENTRATION ,, MY SORE WEAK EYES ,, MY CRONIC FATIGUE

Doctor DanB :

Yes, I'm sorry, I had to step away from my office for awhile. Those symptoms (chronic fatigue, difficulty concentrating and sore eyes) can all be related to either the virus causing infectious mononucleosis and also temporal arteritis.

Customer:

THANK YOU