Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Im a pro boxer I was sparring yesterday and the guy I sparred

Customer Question

I'm a pro boxer I was sparring yesterday and the guy I sparred with managed to stick the part of the glove with big finger inside my eye for the first time in my entire experience and I had over 300 amature bouts . I will not be able to go to the doctor till next week
I'm sensitive to light
It hurts to move side to side my eyeballs are the same size doesn't feel like anything foreign is there .. I have a fight on the 21 ... Really scared they won't let me fight
I'm wondering how long will the blood stay in there... What would I need To reduce some symptoms
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. If you have blood in the white part of the eye, then this is a subconjunctival hemorrhage. This is essentially a bruise on the eye, except on the eye the tissue that the blood is underneath is transparent so you see the blood exactly the color it is, versus a bruise on your arm which is hiding beneath layers of skin. These hemorrhages will usually resolve in 1-3 weeks spontaneously, as any bruise would. If you are having significantly blurry vision, then it's possible that you may have a scratch on the cornea. Using artificial tears and cool compresses will help this and it usually resolved on its own over a couple of days.
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved... Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!