Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I had a foreign body (metal) enter my left eye so I went to

I had a foreign body (metal) enter my left eye so I went to an Ophthalmologist to have it removed. It has been 3 days since and I still have blurred vision and noticed a small mark on the edge of my pupil but could be cornea. Is this a problem and what should I do?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer: Yes, thank you.
Doctor DanB : It is not uncommon to have blurred vision for several days after getting a foreign body removed from the cornea. It can take several days, sometimes, before the vision returns to normal. However, with this foreign body being near the visual axis, it's possible that a scar may be forming which could permanently blur the vision. Unless you have redness pain or light sensitivity, I suspect you don't have active inflammation and could therefore just use some artificial tears 3-4x/day to see if this can help restore your tear film a little faster. Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer: No, that helps. I don't have any pain in the eye at this point at only slight redness. I will continue using the lubricating drops and take notice of the mark or blemish I noticed today. Also, I have been on anti-inflammatory and antibiotic drops as well since Wed. Thank you for your answer and time.
Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!