Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I just took an oxybutynin pill due to frequent urine dischargement

I just took an oxybutynin pill due to frequent urine dischargement for the past 3 months. I was also supposed to take my second flagyl pill tonight but I forgot since the time here is different than EST. I haven't eaten anything for the past 4 hours and I was advised to take the flagyl pill right after food. is it okay to take the flagyl pill now even after I just took the oxybutynin on an empty stomach?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

yes. That will be OK.

Dr. Rick :

It will not hurt to take the flagyl on an empty stomach just this once if it is not possible for you to eat anything at all right no.

Dr. Rick :

now.

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick says:
2:47 PM
2:47 PM
yes. That will be OK.
2:48 PM
2:48 PM
now.
2:48 PM

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

My pleasure. Have a good weekend.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it also okay to have two pills of Acidophilus & Bifidbacterium mix on top of Flagyl and Oxybutynin?

Katherine,

Yes. That should not pose any problems at all.

Have a good day.