Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems

I have cold sore since Wednesday. The cold sore affected my

I have cold sore since Wednesday. The cold sore affected my left eye and the surrounding area of the left eye. Could you suggest any remedy?

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom : I am sorry you are having trouble. Please explain how the cold sore has affected your eye?

What kind of eye medication could you suggest to treat my cold sore affecting my left eye. This happens last wednesday.

May I know your reply? I am waiting.

Dr. Tom : Please let me know if the affected part of your eye is limited to your eyelid or is it on the eyeball itself.

It affected both the eyelid and redness of the eyeball.

your reply please.

Dr. Tom : Thank you for that information. If it is indeed an eye infection related to a cold sore it could be one of the viruses that can be treated with antiviral medications. Since the eyeball is affected there is no over-the-counter medication that I could recommend however I would recommend that you seek care from an ophthalmologist Who can prescribe proper medications. I would also like to emphasize that cold sore related viral infections of the Eye can be serious and you should not overlook this. Do You have any other questions I could answer?

None. I just see my opthalmologist.

Dr. Tom : Very good. Don't hesitate to ask additional questions if you need to. Best wishes.