Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

I have cold sore since Wednesday. The cold sore affected my

I have cold sore since Wednesday. The cold sore affected my left eye and the surrounding area of the left eye. Could you suggest any remedy?

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom : I am sorry you are having trouble. Please explain how the cold sore has affected your eye?
Customer:

What kind of eye medication could you suggest to treat my cold sore affecting my left eye. This happens last wednesday.

Customer:

May I know your reply? I am waiting.

Dr. Tom : Please let me know if the affected part of your eye is limited to your eyelid or is it on the eyeball itself.
Customer:

It affected both the eyelid and redness of the eyeball.

Customer:

your reply please.

Dr. Tom : Thank you for that information. If it is indeed an eye infection related to a cold sore it could be one of the viruses that can be treated with antiviral medications. Since the eyeball is affected there is no over-the-counter medication that I could recommend however I would recommend that you seek care from an ophthalmologist Who can prescribe proper medications. I would also like to emphasize that cold sore related viral infections of the Eye can be serious and you should not overlook this. Do You have any other questions I could answer?
Customer:

None. I just see my opthalmologist.

Dr. Tom : Very good. Don't hesitate to ask additional questions if you need to. Best wishes.