Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

What is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my eyes has a bright light in both. I am not complaining. Glad the light is there. I just wonder where does this bright com from??

That is a wonderful question.

From a medical point of view, the light that you see in a healthy eye is a reflection from a well formed tear film, a clear cornea, the crystalline lens and a soft glow emanating from the retina and choroid.

As a retina surgeon with over two decades of experience, I believe that the eye is a window into the soul....perhaps this is what the glow is from. :)

In any event, you are fortunate to have a glow in your my mind it is a sign of health on many levels.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS