Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I have been having really bad spacing out problems which had

I have been having really bad spacing out problems which had came about ever since i had smoked some weed a month back. Ever since that day i have been zoning out which last like 3 seconds. I would just have a blank stare in my eyes which i usually dont think when it happens. This really has messed up my everyday life. When I be talking to people i would keep zoning out randomly and people keep thinking something is wrong with me. This situation is really hard to describe. I also get a discomfort feeling in my eyes ever since that day also. eyes feel stuffed up or heavy feeling usually come about when i be spacing out. I really need advise and help on how i can get better. I been taking vitamins in everything but still feel like im not improving and it been almost 2 months now. really appreciate some advise thank you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Have you done any other drugs since that time?

Customer:

no i havent

Dr. Rick :

Ok.

Dr. Rick :

Well, it is possible, from what you have posted, that your pot was laced with something else.

Dr. Rick :

What could cause your symptoms this far out from one use? LSD.

Dr. Rick :

The bad news? There is no treatment for this drug induced problem and it can last for year.

Dr. Rick :

years...

Customer:

will i ever feel normal again?

Dr. Rick :

Yes, in many cases it just wears off.

Customer:

it really mess up my everyday life, hard to have convos with people and everyting

Dr. Rick :

Although some studies have show positive results with the use of antidepressant medication, although the mechanism of why they help is not well understood.

Dr. Rick :

I can understand that.

Customer:

u think i should get a blood check to see it it really was laced?

Dr. Rick :

At this point, you could consider consulting your doctor and, of course, if you have any of the weed left you could have it tested...although that might open up a legal can of worms :(

Dr. Rick :

Yes. You could get a blood test easily and without any legal problems if it comes back positive.

Dr. Rick :

That might be a good idea.

Customer:

whats some things i can do to get it out of my system faster?

Dr. Rick :

I would drink a lot of water, eat fruits and vegetables to help with digestive function and not do any drugs at all for the duration. Taking vitamins like you are already doing is a good idea too.

Dr. Rick :

This will help to keep your body healthy so it can work to get rid of any toxins that may be present.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

still there?

Customer:

yea it does, was really afraid that it could have been nervous damage

Customer:

cause even my eyes doesnt feel normal

Dr. Rick :

No. From what you have posted, I do not think you are suffering from nervous damage. I think someone put something in your pot.

Dr. Rick :

Using artificial tears during the day should soothe your eyes and make them feel better.

Customer:

artificial tears?

Dr. Rick :

Yes. You can get them anywhere. They are just a drop that is like your own tears that soothes and flushes out your eyes. There are many brand names available and the least expensive work just as well as the the pricey ones.

Customer:

ohh ok

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Customer:

yea thats pretty much it, i appreciate the advise!

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. I wish you the best.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.