Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

I need help inputting the details of a valid and current vision

I need help inputting the details of a valid and current vision prescription into an online ordering form. (I'm just ordering a pair of prescription sunglasses.) However, my paper prescription doesn't distinguish left and right. Instead, it distinguishes "OD" and "OS". Is that the equivalent of right and left? If so, which one is left?

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom : Hi, you have the right idea ...... OD is the right eye and OS is the left eye. So you need anything else?
Dr. Tom : Is there anything else you need for your prescription?
Please let me know if I can do anything else for you.
Paul,

Please let me know if my answer helped.Doctors don't get paid anything if the customer doesn't give us a positive rating. Thank you.