Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I started seeing black moving clouds in my left eye. This

I started seeing black moving clouds in my left eye. This started a few hours ago. I m 58 have some serious health problems but this is new. I am very near sighted an far sighted.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Do they move with your eye movements? Do you have any flashing lights? Is your vision itself worse in this eye?
Customer: Yes the clouds are still there butt no flashes. just the clouds. my vision is a bit blurry and has not changred much but is a slight worse. question do i need med atten at er ?
Doctor DanB : Do the clouds float around in your eye as you move your eye? Or do they always stay in the same place in the visual field?
Customer: They move a bit but for the last hour the cloud is in middle of my vision
Customer: Ha
Doctor DanB : For how long has this been going on?
Customer: hope you got my text the cloudd does move s bit. but for last hour in middle of vision
Doctor DanB : Yes, I did. How long has this been going on?
Customer: About five an half hours
Customer:

Sorry I lost you have switched from smart phone to laptop.

Customer:

The cloud has been going on for a while, do i have a reason to seek med atten now or in morning ?

Customer:

Who do i ask a question of ? It is simple is this common no worry problem ? Or serious enough to think i have problem ?

Doctor DanB : This sounds like you are having some new floaters.
Doctor DanB : Because your vision hasn't changed and you aren't noticing any flashing lights, I don't think you need to rush to the ER now. Just take it easy, try nott to read or strain yourself.
Doctor DanB : However, I do think you should make an appointment to see your ophthalmologist in the next day or so if possible to make sure there is nothing wrong with the retina from this process happening.
Customer:

They just stay .I dont know new but there in my field of vision an stay

Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?     
Customer:

Ok I will see someone in morning or at least call ophthalmologist to set up time . Thank you

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 
Customer:

Are there any questions yiu think I shoud ask the doctor?

Customer:

Ps this service is very helpful

Doctor DanB : Yes, you want to make sure that the retina does not have any holes, breaks, or tears in it from this process and that there isn't any problem with the blood vessels or blood circulation in the retina. Also any signs of macular degeneration. Does that make sense?
Customer:

yes it does my dad had a detached retina. Also i have high blood pressure, sleep apna, prostate cancer , high closstral , bad spelling , other then that and lasts year septic blood problem Im fine

Doctor DanB : Okay, with that family history of retinal detachment, that is the top issue on my mind and what I think is the most important thing to rule out, but any ophthalmologist should have no problem ruling that out.
Customer:

Ok thank you i ll go monday to set appointment Take doc

Doctor DanB : You too. Good luck. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. 
Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology