Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Are a lot of closeup photos (3 ft or less) using a red-light

Are a lot of closeup photos (3 ft or less) using a red-light auto focus on a digital camera harmful to the eyes of an infant?
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

That is an excellent question.

The answer is, no they are not. You can take all the pictures, even if you use red light auto focus as well as the red reflex reducing strobe function as much as you want. It will not harm the baby at all.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS