Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

a blood vessel burst in my left eye, vision blurred, my doc

a blood vessel burst in my left eye, vision blurred, my doc says nothing can be done. She says that the retina is scarred.

Hi. I am online and available to help you. Thank you for your patience.
I am a retina specialist. Can you tell me more about what happened?
Do you know what type of vessel was affected?
Did your doctor mention something about a retinal artery occlusion?
How long ago did this happen?
Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Don't know what type of vessel, nothing mentioned about artery occlusion, happened three years ago, taking medication for high blood pressure, high colesterol and depression. Doc looked into my eye with magnification and said the retina was scarred and nothing could be done.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Vision in eye is blurred, worst at the top right corner.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Family doc said my blood sugar was 19 recently.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should be 7.
It sounds like a branch or hemi retinal artery or vein occlusion.
And, unfortunately, your doctor is correct: Once there is the formation of a scar and the morphology of the retina is destroyed, there is nothing that can be done to restore visual function to that area :(
The good news is that the scar will not affect the rest of your retina and I would not expect your vision to get worse at this point...
Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS