Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Last night when watching tv I noticed that my right eye was

Customer Question

Last night when watching tv I noticed that my right eye was blurry so I went to bed at about 8 and I woke up at 3 and the whole day today I have had in my right eye almost like these tinted patches is the best way to describe, it's like when I close my left eye and open my right eye there are spots or patches of a yellowish tint almost like I have sunglasses on just that eye. Also all day today the eye has been tearing and very watery and I went to wash my face airless while ago and got a little water in my eyes and the right one especially was burning like crazy. I do have bad sinuses problems all the time and allergies but not sure what I'm allergic too, also I stopped smoking for a while but this past Friday, Saturday and Sunday I smoked. A couple of people told me its probably all do to allergies and sinuses but I'm worried about it
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Let's focus on the right eye. If you close your left eye, and look around with the right eye only, and also try to read with that eye only, tell me what you see?

Dr. Rick :

Also, does your right eye look normal to you in the mirror?

Dr. Rick :

Is there any pain in the eye?

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Customer: I have no pain and it looks normal
Customer: When I try to read with the right eye I see like almost a patch of a light yellowish color over what I'm readi g or looking at
Customer: It's almostike there are a few of light yellowish patches almost, I don't think they are dots
Customer: My eyes have been watery and tearing all day especially the right one
Customer: Did you get that?
Customer: My eyes are tearing and really watery right now
Customer: Ate you there?
Customer: Are you there?
Dr. Rick :

yes

Dr. Rick :

sorry. My computer acted up...

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you are suffering from an anterior segment/tear film issue. Many times, for all sorts of reasons, the anterior surface of the eye starts to have difficulties. What can cause this? Well, there are a number of conditions but the most common are dry eyes, allergies and blepharitis....many times all three conditions act together to make you miserable. In order to solve your problem you need to address all of these issues at the same time.

Dr. Rick :

When it comes to allergies it is almost impossible to pin down the offending agent(s) and, therefore, treatment needs to focus on controlling the symptoms. Dry eyes are very common and can be improved by a stepwise series of therapies. First, the use of natural tears 4-6+ times/day to augment your natural tear production, if this doesn’t work then you can try temporary punctal occlusion of the lower puncta, then, if needed, temporary occlusion of all 4 puncta then, if indicated, surgical ( non-reversible) closure of the puncta. The openings to your tear drainage system are called puncta and you have one opening on each lid, near your nose.

Blepharitis is a condition where glands in the eyelids are not functioning normally. They become plugged and instead of putting out their normal clear, oily secretions, they put out thick, toothpaste like gunk. You may not be able to see this “gunk” yourself, unless it is really bad, but it shows up clearly on slit lamp examination.

The best treatment for this condition daily lid scrubs combined with warm compresses. I like to use baby shampoo for lid scrubs. In the shower, place the shampoo on your index fingers, close your eyes, raise your eyebrows (to stretch the skin on your eyelids) and scrub back and forth along your eyelashes for 3 to 5 minutes. The hot water in the shower helps to soften the plugged oils in the glands while the mechanical scrubbing with your soapy fingers removes the oils.

Baby shampoo lid scrubs will also help to wash away allergens and stimulate tear production, thereby addressing all three of your issues. Remember, this is not an instant fix. While you are waiting for the lid scrubs to have affect you can use over the counter allergy pills such as Travist, dimetapp or Zyrtec.

Should your symptoms get worse, your vision become significantly affected or things just not get better in 3 weeks or so you should have a complete eye examination by your local ophthalmologist to look for other, less common, causes of your symptoms.

I understand that this treatment seems a bit "too low tech" to be of value, but after 2 decades of clinical practice, I can assure you (even from personal experience :) that it, does indeed, work.

Dr. Rick :

If things don't show some improvement, not back to 100% normal, but improved, then you should see your ophthalmologist.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick :

Sorry about my computer acting up. My keyboard stopped working so I had to run downstairs and steal my daughters....boy did she put up a fit :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Let's focus on the right eye. If you close your left eye, and look around with the right eye only, and also try to read with that eye only, tell me what you see?
Dr. Rick : Also, does your right eye look normal to you in the mirror?
Dr. Rick : Is there any pain in the eye?
Dr. Rick : Are you available to chat? Customer: I have no pain and it looks normal Customer: When I try to read with the right eye I see like almost a patch of a light yellowish color over what I'm readi g or looking at Customer: It's almostike there are a few of light yellowish patches almost, I don't think they are dots Customer: My eyes have been watery and tearing all day especially the right one Customer: Did you get that? Customer: My eyes are tearing and really watery right now Customer: Ate you there? Customer: Are you there?
Dr. Rick : yes
Dr. Rick : sorry. My computer acted up...
Dr. Rick : It sounds like you are suffering from an anterior segment/tear film issue. Many times, for all sorts of reasons, the anterior surface of the eye starts to have difficulties. What can cause this? Well, there are a number of conditions but the most common are dry eyes, allergies and blepharitis....many times all three conditions act together to make you miserable. In order to solve your problem you need to address all of these issues at the same time.

Dr. Rick : When it comes to allergies it is almost impossible to pin down the offending agent(s) and, therefore, treatment needs to focus on controlling the symptoms. Dry eyes are very common and can be improved by a stepwise series of therapies. First, the use of natural tears 4-6+ times/day to augment your natural tear production, if this doesn’t work then you can try temporary punctal occlusion of the lower puncta, then, if needed, temporary occlusion of all 4 puncta then, if indicated, surgical ( non-reversible) closure of the puncta. The openings to your tear drainage system are called puncta and you have one opening on each lid, near your nose.

Dr. Rick : If things don't show some improvement, not back to 100% normal, but improved, then you should see your ophthalmologist.
Dr. Rick : Does this make sense to you?
Dr. Rick : I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick : Sorry about my computer acting up. My keyboard stopped working so I had to run downstairs and steal my daughters....boy did she put up a fit :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have really bad anxiety and I am thinking I'm going to go blind or something, what else could this be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also can I take Allegra, and if my eyes are really watery and tearing does that mean they are dry? Do you see this a lot?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

Don't let your anxiety act up about this. Yes. What you are experiencing happens a lot and it is nothing to get upset about. I know. Easy for me to say :)

Taking allegra will be OK. No worries there.

When your eyes are "dry" and irritated they make more tears....this is the "something is in my eye" mode of tear production, not the "my eye feels fine and I'm making tears to keep things moist" mode. The use of natural tears will help your eye turn off the flood of "something in my eye" tears that comes from your eyes being dry. Does this make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if I have vision problems now like the watery eyes and tearing and blurriness in my right eye and the patches or so that I see, besides what you said to do what else can it be?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Well, given what you have posted, the lack of pain or a red, angry eye, what we have discussed is the most likely by, perhaps 98%.

Do you think a long laundry list of the other unlikely possibilities would be the best thing for your anxiety?

Just saying....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One other thing I didn't mention, I went to bed last night early and was up at 3 and been up ever since so I'm really tired, would that have anything to do with the watery and tearing eyes and also have you had these symptoms before? Last thing is I haven't had this before so it can happen any time I'm guessing
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

Yes. It can happen anytime.

And, yes. Being up early and being tired can bring on these symptoms.

But the good thing? The treatment I discussed works and you will not have any permanent damage to your eyes.

Don't forget to mash the excellent feedback button for me :)

Have a good night.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last question, can it be in just one eye like mine and in your line of vision making it miserable and your vision is needed up like mine is?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

People ask that all the time and, while it seems strange when you think about it, I actually see it in one eye all the time, just like you are experiencing.

There is no need to fear the excellent feedback button. Not only is it safe to push but it is a lot of fun, too.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I shouldn't be worried with this and the vision problems?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

From what you have posted, I do not think so.

But, of course, the best way to remove all worry would be to have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist.

You really can mash the excellent feedback button anytime. I will not run away and leave you if you do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I do what you told me, any idea how long before it should start getting better?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

Yes. It should show some improvement by Friday, although it will take 3 or 4 weeks to be totally back to normal.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's just that this is so annoying and it doesn't seem or feel like something simple like what you described, I guess it's because I don't think I have had this before and I keep thinking I'm the only one with these symptoms, it doesn't seem like my symptoms are just allergies and dry eyes with the patches or spots that I see and the blurriness but I'm not a doctor so I guess there's my answer :)
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

It is time to mash the excellent feedback button.

I won't run off
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

I can understand your concerns but I think this is your anxiety talking.

Try what I said to do.

If you are still worried Friday morning, have an eye exam.

Does this sound like a good plan?

Thanks for the positive feedback :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Realistically it does but with my anxiety it will be tough:). So you have seen patients with all the same symptoms as me?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
After 20 years of practice? More then I can count :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got visine tears and it says natural tears formula, is that right? And how many drops should I put in and should I put it in both eyes and will it make my eyes worse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you say you have had these symptoms before? It's so frustrating trying to watch tv or be on the computer
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Yes. That will work.

Put in one drop at least 4x/day. You can use it more often if you want.

Do not use the visine that says "for getting the red out"

You do not need to put it in your other eye if you don't want

It will not make your eyes worse

Yes, I've personally had these symptoms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have had the spots or patches and the blurriness? How long before you got better if you can remember, it's so annoying when those patches or spots are in your line of vision
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
It was decades ago so I don't remember.

But, relax, you are going to be fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says for the temporary relief of burning and irritation die to dryness of the eye and for protection against further irritation, so is this the right one?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
That is the right one.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The right is a little red today and when I woke up I had a couple tiny pieces of like a crust around my eyes but they were very small
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please explaine how allergies or dry eyes would cause the patches or spots or whatever it is that is in my eye and line of vision
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What else can this be, it doesn't make sense that its allergies with the colored spots or patches that I'm seeing, can you explain to me why allergies and dry eyes would cause the patches or spots that I'm seeing
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

Given how anxious you are about this issue I believe it would be best for you to go see an ophthalmologist today for a complete eye exam.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been seeing a hypnotherapist for a while and sometimes I'm ok and then times like this it starts up again, I just don't want to go blind or something bad like that
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

I am not sure of many things when it comes to diseases of the eye but, in your case, I am 100% sure you will not go blind.

Time to see your hypnotherapist again.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do t want it to be a disease of the eye!! Also can allergies and dry eyes cause the patches or spots that affect my vision? And if I didn't have bad anxiety what would you tell me to do?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Other than telling you to see an ophthalmologist today, your anxiety has not impacted what I have told you to do in any way.

But I can tell your anxiety is out of control. You need to see about getting help today for it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what your saying is you would have told me the same thing regardless?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
That is correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But the one question I have and the one thing I'm most worried about is the patches or spots that I'm seeing, can it be from allergies and dry eyes? Also is conjunctivitis a possibility?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

This is your anxiety talking. See your therapist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just asking, my eye just keeps tearing and being watery
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I understand.

The best thing for you to do is three things:

Call your therapist and get in.

Call and ophthalmologist and be see so you will know what I am telling you is correct.

Mash the excellent feedback button again for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So basically if I can stop obsessing about this then I should go to work and give it to like the end of the week and see do what you told me to do and see how it is then?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
That is an excellent plan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize, the hypnotherapist works with the sub conscious mind and he believes in no medication and that the mind can make you better, so when I have these symptoms or any ailments and trust me there has been a lot, I freak out, it's hard to know whats really an issue and whats not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do know that all my ailments aren't made up but then again maybe it's my sub concious saying that there needs to be something wrong with me
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

I fully understand. Perhaps you should give some thought to taking medication for your anxiety as this hypnotherapy doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard for you.

No. I think it is just your anxiety at work rather then your subconscious having some "extra insight" that something unknown and terrible is going on.

We've spend considerable amount of time working on this, new, topic of your anxiety. Another positive feedback seems to be indicated at this point, don't you agree?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These symptoms that I'm having are so annoying and frustrating, I have the day off from work so I'm wondering if I should just go see the therapist
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

We are way beyond your original question and issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want this to get better!!!!
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I will opt out. Have a good day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read about conjunctivitis and it said if you had HIV you could have it, I had unprotected sex a while back, could this be that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I tell you what happened at the eye doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I ask you another question?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Since this current question has been answered a new question and answer would require a new rating.....Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the eye doctor and my eye seems worse now then before I went to him, it's more blurry and tearing, is that because they displayed that eye?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

We can discuss this issue here. You can close the new thread.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

It is most likely from the drops and the exam.

If you use artificial tears 4x/day or so everything should be OK.

Does this make sense to you?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doctor gave me diffrent drops to use, they are called systane balance and they are supposed to be stronger then the natural tears I bought, he said everything looked ok and to use the drops every two hours 6-8 times a day , but why would he want to see me back in a week?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I meant to dilated, so is my eye blurrier and tearing more now because they dilated that eye?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is everything so blurry in that eye now? Is that because they dilated it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if I described to the doctor not exactly what i was seeing in that eye, he would have still been able to see everything and if there was something wrong right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also would he have missed anything, why would my eye being dry cause blurriness and yellowish spots and affect my vision?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please answer my questions so I can give a rating and try to move on
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

Yes, the doctor would have found anything wrong when he examined you even if you didn't tell him everything.

Dryness causes changes in your vision just like getting oil on your windshield and then swishing it around with your wipers would do.

You have nothing to worry about right now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it more blurry now because of it being dilated and its been like three and half hours and it still dilated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also ok it makes sense with the blurriness with the eye being dry but what about the patch of the yellow and greenish tint that I see when I shut the left eye or just try to look at things normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I close the left eye everything not only looks blurry but its lime there is a blanket over whatever I'm looking at that makes it a diffrent color or almost like a patch or spot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just can't get by why I have the patches and spots with dry eyes
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

I can tell you are having a hard time understanding what is going on.

You should call an ophthalmologist and try to get in for a full eye exam today or tomorrow so she can explain it to you better than I've been able to.

You also seem to get a lot of anxiety over providing positive feedback...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just at one, I don't understand what seeing the diffrent color patches or spots has to do with dry eyes, can you explain that to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So your saying I should just try to forget about it and that there is nothing to worry about and if I don't get it you don't know what to tell me except to go back to the doctor and have him explain it to me?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

Yes, in a way.

I have been unable to combat your severe anxiety over this issue -- an issue that my years of training and decades of clinical practice tell me is not a bit deal an you will be fine.

You, because of your anxiety, are unable to accept this.

So. Maybe if you go see a doctor in person, and she examines you, and she tells you the exact same thing, you will be able to see through the fog of your anxiety and relax.

So. What should you do?

1. Do not worry about your eyes

2. Get help for your anxiety which has flared up. Today if possible.

3. Mash the positive feedback button for me.

4. Let me know what I can do for you in the future...

Does this sound good?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but I already did go to the doctor and he told me basically what you did, any reason why he wanted to see me again in a week?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Probably just to check your retina again.

But, I would not go back to the optometrist for this issue...you should see an ophthalmologist.

What happened to the button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This guy was a board certified optamologist, what's the diffrence between the two
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
That is the correct one to see....I thought you were seeing an optometrist. My mistake.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I saw the right person? So why did he want me back in a week?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Yes. You were examined by the correct type of doctor.

That is a precaution only....he just wants to make sure everything is OK with your retina.

9 times out of 10 it is....so you really don't have to worry.

Is there some reason I'm missing about why you don't want to give positive feedback?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wouldn't he have told me if there was something wrong today when I went?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
He sure would have. That is another reason for you understand that what you are suffering from right now does not have to do with your eye, but with your anxiety being out of control.

Excellent feedback?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I woke a little bit ago and had the small crust like things around my eye, I took a shower and why does it feel like my eye is worse now? Also you have been great and answered all my questions except for the fact that I still see these spots or patches and everything in that I eye is a diffrent color and kind of distorted and I asked if that also had to due with the eye being dry but you didn't answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there was anything at all wrong with my eye they would have been able to see it or tell what it could be right?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
You should look into getting a subscription package for this web site. That way you would not have to pay for every individual answer and we could deal with your anxiety at a much lower cost to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just have one question, why does it feel like my eye is worse today then yesterday?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
As I said, we have spent a lot of time talking and, as this is not a free site, it is time for more feedback.

That is why I have opted out.

But, if you want to continue to chat for extended periods of time, if you had a subscription, you could do so, even with positive feedback, at a very low cost to you.

This might work out well for everyone concerned.

I am sure you don't expect to come into your doctors office for a visit every day of the week and just pay for the first time you consult with the physician, right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know but that was my last question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I ask you another question please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if this has nothing to with my eye and its like a brain tumor or something bad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok now can you talk with me?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I can tell you with 110% certainty that your eye symptoms do not indicate a brain tumor. You can put this thought completely out of your mind.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so why do I have these patches and its almost like when you look at the sun for too long and then you see those dark shadows kind of, that's what it's like for me
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

One of the advantages of being a subscriber is that you don't get charged more every time you press the excellent feedback button. We have been chatting for over two days on this thread but yet you have not pressed the positive feedback button.

If you have questions on how this web site works please contact customer service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just went to give you a positive rating and it said I needed to authorize another charge
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Weird,

contact customer service and see what is going on. You may have to open another tread at $50 and start over. This thread may not be linked to your new subscriber acct....but ask them.
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that work?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
yes. Thanks.

Did customer service say what the problem was?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'm glad they fixed it.

I think a subscription will work out a lot better for you. This way you can get all the assistance you need for your issues and anxiety at one low fixed cost, no matter how long you chat or give positive feedback.

Have you started to do the home therapy I suggested the other day?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using the drops that the optamologist told me to use
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
what about the treatment plan I told you about at the beginning of this thread? You should get some baby shampoo and start that ASAP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get it until tomorrow and is it just regular baby shampoo?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Johnsons & Johnsons no more tears baby shampoo. The yellow stuff we all grew up with
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And scrub it for 3-5 minutes? How does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And all these vision problems are related to this and nothing bad?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

Yes. That is correct.

The hot water in the shower helps to soften the plugged oils in the glands while the mechanical scrubbing with your soapy fingers removes the oils.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
???????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I was playing with my new grandson...

Yes. I promise you that from everything we have discussed I do not believe you have anything bad. I also believe that with time you will be OK

That being said, I realize how bad your anxiety is right now and I will stay available to help you. OK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just hope it goes away soon and it's nothing serious, the thing that worries me is what I'm seeing in that eye, I mean the vision problems
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Do the scrubs etc and give it some time. It will be better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And you have seen this before with the symptoms I have and the vision problems with it looking like I'm wearing sunglasses on my right eye and the shadows and patches?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I sure have. And none of those patients went blind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I woke up like ten minutes ago and my right eye was so blurry now it's pretty much the same as its been, I don't really see any improvement and bothe eyes are tearing and watery, I'm getting nervous that its never going to get better and that I will lose my eyesight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And say by Tuesday when my follow up appointment is and I'm not really any better, what would be the next step?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Let's wait and see how things progress over the next few days before worrying about that.

You can even do the lid scrubs more than once a day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well when I woke up today and opened that eye is was completely blurry, now I can't tell if its the same or not but I know it's a greenish time over everything and when I look at something black in color it's worse, what else would the optamologist do, please help me by telling me
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam

He will do a complete dilated exam that will quickly find everything that is wrong.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't he already do that?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Probably. But this would be a double check.

Of course, since it is a follow up he may do everything else and not dilate your eyes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's everything else? Please tell me...
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Refraction, external exam, slit lamp exam, eye pressure check.

No pain involved.

You can mash the excellent feedback button if you want..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On Tuesday when I went he dialated my eyes and gave me a full exam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know they did the pressure check, the did all of those things you just mentioned, see this is something really bad
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

Perhaps you would feel better if you went in today?

Now that you are a subscriber, mashing the feedback button does not cost you extra....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So this is still definitely not anything bad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See it could be!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See by you not answering me tells me its something bad!!!
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
No. That is your anxiety telling you it is something bad.

Me opting out and not answering you is telling you that I don't work for free and I'm tired of asking for positive feedback. After so chatting so long and discussing an issue a time comes for you to do your part.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep trying to give you a positive rating but it keeps wanting to charge me for it
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

This thread may have gone on too long. Let's stop using this thread.

Open a new question and ask for Dr. Rick. If that doesn't work under your subscription then we are going to have to talk to customer service and see what the problem is.

Sorry about the technical issues you are having...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would the optamologist have been able to tell of I had a molecular hole?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
have you tried to open a new thread?
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
How did you get that to work?

You mean macular hole which, as a retina specialist, is something I treat often.

And, yes, the ophthalmologist would have found that issue is you had it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So it's not that? I have been online reading about what it could be
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
From what you posted, that is not it.

How did you get the positive feedback button to work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would the symptoms be for that? And when I went to the optamologist on Tuesday he would have been able to tell if it was that even if it was small?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Yes, he will see it even if it is small.

Here is information on this condition:

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1224320-overview
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah but the optamologist is he also a retina specialist? And are you 100 percent sure he would have seen it when I was in for the exam on Tuesday?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
You don't have to be a retina specialist to diagnose a macular hole. any ophthalmologist can do it.

What made the accept button work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called customer service, so what else could this be?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I think it is an anterior segment problem just like we have been talking about.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your an optamologist right?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Yes. A retina surgeon with two decades of clinical experience.

As a matter of fact I am chatting with you from my office where I'm eating lunch and typing.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's worse inside them when I'm outside, not only is there that time but its like sort of like shadows or darkened areas and as I look around with that eye they kind of follow and makes it harder to see, it's a little distorted, so all of this is the same thing you have been telling me and its not molecular hole or anything like that?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

This link is getting very long to scroll to the bottom of. After this reply, could you ask another question and just ask for me and we can pick up where we left off?

There are times that your vision is good, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I just described is all day long since monday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What should I do about my heart racing and feel out of breath walking from the living room to the bathroom and getting anxieties from it, I talked to the therapist today and he thinks it will go away if I stop talking about it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

????????