Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi Again Dr. Rick~ I wonder to why sometimes my cataract eye~

Customer Question

Hi Again Dr. Rick~ I wonder to why sometimes my cataract eye~ for which I wear a contact~ feels okay at times~ but others it really bothers me~ yes I know that I should look into having a Lens inserted~but I do not have that now~ I got a new contact last week~ my old one is really old and yet it seems to feel better than my new one~ why would that be~I can't stand the feeling that something is in my eye~my Optomitrist said it was a perfect fit~ as she inserted it and checked out my sight~is it perhaps dryness or something more serious~I know that you are a Retina Specialist~but hoping that you can explain this~ when I put a contact in my right eye for distance I cannot even feel it~ I am the one who even had to go to out patients to have it removed~ I obviously need more practice putting that one in and out~but I am discouraged why my left eye~ where I need to wear a contact~ does not feel comfortable like the right~Thanks Martha~ yes me again~
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Since your optometrist checked the contact lens fit and found it to be perfect then I do not think the lens is the problem. As you noted it could be from dryness.

Dr. Rick :

You might try using wetting drops and/or artificial tears in left eye. Also, at night, after you take out your lens, put some nighttime soothing ointment in your left eye. There are many brand names out there such as refresh PM and lacrilube but the least expensive one will work just fine.

Dr. Rick :

Give this a week or two and see if things start to feel better.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Let me know if I can do anything else to help :)