Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

when someone does tear duct sugery and breaks the nose the

when someone does tear duct sugery and breaks the nose
the nose grew bone and my nose still hurst
is this because he did not pt it back properly and i have a hard time breathing now
could it be from the surgery
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

What sort of tear duct surgery did you have?

Was a jones tube placed?

How long before you broke your nose was the surgery?

How long ago was your broken nose repaired?

Are you asking if the breathing difficulty you are experiencing, after having your nose broken and reset improperly, could be due to your prior tear duct surgery?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i had tear duct surgery for blocked tear ducts

i don;t know what a jones tube is

all i know he broke my nose for the surgery and I have not been the same

some said your nose is broken and bone grows when a nose is broken

and there a little bumps growing which i was told happens after a nose is broken is that true

can it effect the sinus

wendy,

There are different types of tear duct surgery, some of them break bones in your nose, and some don't

If the bone was surgically broken, the bone is usually removed so it really doesn't grow back to where it would cause a problem. So, in this way, I wouldn't expect that the problems you are experiencing would be from your blocked tear duct surgery.

The only way to know for sure would be for me to review your surgical notes and physically examine you.

However. To answer your question directly: Many different complications are possible when you have surgery around your nose and it is possible, although not very likely, that the issues you are having are related to your tear duct surgery.

I would not expect for your sinus' to be affected from tear duct surgery.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS