Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have two pair of glasses. One is a new prescription in new

I have two pair of glasses. One is a new prescription in new frames. I want new lenses for the second frames, which is what I use around the house as I don't want to mess up the new lenses. So, I have one pair I wear when going out, and the other to bum around the house. Where is cheapest place to get the basic new lenses in the old frames? Don't need sun protection. They are trifocals.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Having new lenses made for your old frames, as long as they are in good physical shape, should not be difficult at all.

What city/state do you live in?

How far can you travel to have this done?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Live in Blanco, TX, which is 40 miles N of San Antonio and 50 miles west of Austin. Travel to Austin often. But, San Marcos and New Braunfels are each 30 miles and go there many times.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
James,

I know the perfect place to help you with this issue. Please consult with my old personal friend, Dr. O.A. Watson:

121 W San Antonio St San Marcos, TX 78666‎
Edit details (NNN) NNN-NNNN

He will take excellent care of you.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Please tell O.A. that Dr. Rick sends his regards. Let him know that I went on to become a retina surgeon since our Rotary days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an optometrist in Blanco. Don't need another exam and lens script. Just had laser of iris for narrow angle glaucoma. Just want new lenses in old frame, either in person or via mail-order. Other suggestions?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
James,

Dr. Watson will be happy to take your script that you have in hand, or if you discuss how recent your current Rx is, and what you want to do, make lenses to fit your old frame.

He will not make you have a new eye exam or lens script, especially when you tell him I sent you :)

To do what you desire using online sources, you could try coastal.com but I'm not sure how you would get your old frames to them....

If you don't want to drive to San Marcos, call Dr. Watson, tell him what you want to do and that I said you would assist him.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

If you have a chance please let me know what Dr. Watson had to say :)

Have a good weekend.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
James,

Wow! Lot's of typo's in that last post....guess that is what happens when I'm trying to rush out of the house and get to clinic.

Hopefully you were able to understand the gist of what I was saying.

I bet Dr Watson would be willing to read your new glasses, even if you don't have your Rx in hand, and transfer those data to new lenses for your old frames....that is what you are wanting to do, correct?

Give him a try....

Don't forget to mash the excellent feedback button for me ;-)

Have a good weekend.
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see an "excellent feedback button". But accept anyway. LaughingWinkSmile
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
James,

That will work :)

Give my best to O.A.