Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i recently was diagnosed with an intracellular mycoplasma infection.

Customer Question

i recently was diagnosed with an intracellular mycoplasma infection. I need to know if this is something the mayo clinic can help with and also due to my stress level, the little mites that live on everyones body is active on me. My face, eyes, scalp, ears and arms are all affected. I need to know if the mayo clinic can help. No Dr in Texas will touch me. Please advise.
Thanks,
Tara
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. Thank you for your patience.

What have the Doctors in Texas tried? Did it help at all?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Would you be going to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Mn or one of the other locations?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delayed reply as my life is crazy right now. I have been on antibiotics with anti yeast and anti fungal medications for over a year. I've tried alternative treatments with supplements, juicing and a strict diet. Nothing will keep me on top of my health long enough to see any type of results. I will be doing well for 4-5 days then starts the severe fatigue, chills, day and night sweats, agitation, loss of appetite and the list goes on. All the Drs do is switch my antibiotic/anti yeast combination. That helps for a short while, then the cycle repeats. The last Dr. advised I needed to go to Mayo clinic but won't refere me or give any advice. In fact, only the nurse speaks to me now, not even the Dr.
I currently take antibiotics, antifungals, atarax, fentanyl patches, Valium and ambien (PRN), atarax is helping me sleep, bactroban ointment for my positive nasal MRSA, and I think that's it :)
I would be going to mayo clinic in Rochester, as it had the most physicians on staff to consult with.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Tara,

Thank you for that extra information.

To answer your question directly: Yes. The doctors at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester should be able to help you.

I have personal experience with how good they are at the Mayo Clinic. About 8 years ago I was suffering with a very bad GI disease. I had seen a number of doctors, had multiple tests (including endoscopy with biopsy) and been treated with a number of therapies...and yet, I was not getting better.

I gathered up my medical records, including my pathology slides and spent 3 days in Rochester doing tests and being examined. They started me on a totally different therapy and within 10 days I was back to my old self.

So from both personal and professional experience I think you are going to the right place. :)

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish you the very best.