Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I got either juice from a mango or ultra palmolive dishwashing

Customer Question

I got either juice from a mango or ultra palmolive dishwashing liquid in my eye yesterday. I noticed that anything I try to read with my right eye only (eye affected) is blurred. I gather I need to go to a dr on monday but will this go away by itself?

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How long ago did this happen?

Do you were contacts?

With your right eye only, and your reading glasses on, can you read at all?

With your glasses on, is your entire visual field blurry or just the center in your right eye?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yesterday, right eye only, take meloxicam and lipitor, and my entire visual field is blurry Right now I have a c6 pinched nerve

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Larry,

Thank you for that extra information. I wouldn't expect juice from a mango or ultra palmolive dishwashing liquid to cause pain free blurry vision that would last this long.

I would suggest you continue to use artificial tears to soothe your eye and, as you already noted, get in to see your ophthalmologist tomorrow morning.

Going to the ER for this problem, unless you could be evaluated by an on-call ophthalmologist, would not be of much value since a regular MD would not have the training and equipment to evaluate and treat any eye issue present.

I must admit, however, that I am concerned about your prolonged decreased vision from what should really be a minor injury.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Larry,

Oops. I forgot to answer part of your question:

No. I don't think that this will go away by itself from what you posted

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.