Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My Husband has a cataract growing. His eye dr. found it but

My Husband has a cataract growing. His eye dr. found it but didn't say what to do. I am concerned for it is causing more blurred vision. Would an herbal product like "Bright Eyes" help? or what would you suggest?
Thanks,
Donna
Hi. I am online and happy to help you today.
Bright eyes and every product like them are complete scams. There is nothing you can eat, use as an eye drop or smoke that will do anything at all to prevent, slow or reverse a cataract. Do not waste your hard earned money.
Was your husband examined by an ophthalmologist or an optometrist?
Do you know what his vision is in each eye with his newest glasses?
Is he having any problem doing the things he wants to do because his vision is too poor?
I guess you have stepped away from your computer.
There is no need to rush into cataract surgery. Waiting does not make the outcome of the surgery any different. When your husband can no longer do the things he needs to due because his vision, with his best glasses in place, is not good enough then he can have the cataract out.
Also, you should make sure that your husband is seen by an ophthalmologist (eye MD) so that he knows nothing other then the cataract is going on with his eyes.
Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Dr. Rick. I appreciate the input. He did see an opthalmologist, but I needed to hear another opinion to tell my husband, as he tends to be in denial about his body needs. What about the eye drops. They are natural, so I am not sure if they work or not?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oh, I see you already answered the eye drop question. So that is all and I thank you. He did get a stronger lense for the cataract eye,but I am not sure what it is. Thanks again.
Donn
They are completely worthless. Do not buy them. Or anything like bright eyes. They are a scam that steals money from people who are worried about their eyes.
To soothe your husbands eyes use artificial tears. There are many brand names available and the least expensive of them works just fine.
I'm glad your husband was examined by an ophthalmologist...that is the way to go :)
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you or your husband. Have a good weekend.
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.