Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

well i have so any symptoms what kinds of autoimmune disease

well i have so any symptoms what kinds of autoimmune disease come to mind. i need to get this under control find the culprit i do not wish to become blind or permanetly visually impaired. what should i ask my doctor to test me for? does any of this sound like a possible thyroid disorder?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Can you tell me a little bit more about what is going on with your eyes?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelli,

Is your vision decreased?

Do you wear glasses or contacts?

How long has this been going on for?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oveitis, i have had o turn out all the lights for days an my eyes burn. i do not wear glasses or contacts. it just hit m all of a sudden. i was so scared all the sudden i could hardly see at all.i started getting light sensitive about a eek and a half ago then it progressed to barely functioning mode.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Kelli,

What eye drops are you using at the moment?

Have things gotten any better since starting the drops?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

antiinflammatory and antibiotic drops. yes butth pressures still imense so much i have ahuge headache.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my concern is i hve ben ill fo a while and them is not getting to the case of my problem an now its affecting my vision.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
kelli,

I agree and from your post it seems like you are having a lot of different problems, not only with your eyes and, even with your doctors working hard to figure thing out you are still having problems...and you might even be getting worse in some areas. Would you say this is a correct statement?

If you think this is true, I think I can help you if you would like by pointing you in the right direction. Is this something that you might find helpful?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes please tel me what you would ask of your md if it was you or your family

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Ok....

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

If you could tell me what large city you live near and how far it would be possible for you to travel in seeking treatment I would be happy to give you some names. Of course, you could also ask friends and associates or check the internet yourself. Let me know what you would like to do.

And I will tell you this, Kelli.....I have done this exact thing not only for my youngest daughter but for myself. I bet that you would get to the bottom of what is going on with your body if you, too, went to a Large University Medical Center.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I'm sorry that you have been suffering for such a long time and I hope you feel better soon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

50 miles from orlando fl 30 miles from daytona 120 miles from jacksonville.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Kelli,

There is a Top Notch Teaching Hospital in Orlando. I think you would be able to get the care you need there. Here is how to contact them:

http://www.orlandohealth.com/orlandoregionalmedicalcenter/index.aspx

I'm glad we have had a chance to chat as I believe you now have a chance to get on the right track toward the care and solutions you need.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you in the future.

And, remember, unless you press the positive feedback button, I do not get anything for assisting you today.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Best of luck to you :-)
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Kelli,

I was just thinking about you today and wondering if you have made any progress toward seeing some of the doctors at the Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Dr Rick MD FACS