Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

As of recent right when I wake up when light shines into my

As of recent right when I wake up when light shines into my left eye I start to get a throbbing headache. I also have blurry vision. I know that it is the left because when I close my right eye my left eye throbs. The blurry vision is only in my left eye

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

How long has this been going on for?

Dr. Rick :

Do you wear contacts?

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Customer:

This has been going on for: Regarding headaches it has been hurting me for months...Re: eye pain for the past month ( usually when light (i.e. sun or room light shines into eye)

Customer:

Sorry NO I do not wear contacts. No medical hx

Customer:

No medications for any thing besides vitamins

Dr. Rick :

From what you have posted it sounds like you have swelling inside your eye (uveitis)

Customer:

I went to the doctor a year ago and was given a referral for an MRI. What would the MRI help to conclude. Would that be better to do than a CT scan? What can I do to decrease the swelling in my eye?

Customer:

Do not like going to docs much. No I did not do the MRI

Dr. Rick :

The MRI really wouldn't have any place in the workup of the symptoms you have put forward here....

Customer:

Ok then what should my next step be. How can I find relief?

Dr. Rick :

I think that the best thing for you to do would be to have a complete eye examination by an ophthalmologist. She could quickly diagnose any internal ocular problem and, if it is inflammation as I suspect, get you on the road to feeling better quickly.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Yes thank you

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a good day.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS