Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

How do I go about looking for a job with my PhD in vision science

How do I go about looking for a job with my PhD in vision science research. Just defended few days ago. So far i had two responses:I was overqualified with both. I need a postdoc or some administrative job where my pay isn't based on grants.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. I think one of the best ways to do this is, first of all, to maximize the contacts of your supervising professor with whom you worked on your Ph.D., as well as the contacts of those in your departments. After this, though...
Doctor DanB : I think the most effective thing you can do is to contact the faculty director in charge of research at the various ophthalmology residency programs throughout the country. This is probably the best way to find out what opportunities exist in the various vision research labs around the country in the most direct and quick way.
Doctor DanB : Does this make sense?  Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this?   It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.    I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved... Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!