Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Hey I have had this rash over my nose and cheeks for sometime

Hey
I have had this rash over my nose and cheeks for sometime now.... Doctors have told me all kinds of stuff and cures for it, but nothing seems to be working. I even have the rash between my eye brows and goes little red lumps sometimes....
It also starts to flake in that crease of my nose and cheeks and also I have a trimmed beard and there are 6 spots underneath aswell.... And it flakes a lot and gets itchy sometimes.... Please help this is embarrassing
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

How long has this been going on for?

Dr. Rick :

What medications have you used in the past? How well did they work?

Dr. Rick :

do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

Dr. Rick :

Is it anywhere else on your body other then on your head?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : How long has this been going on for?
Dr. Rick : What medications have you used in the past? How well did they work?
Dr. Rick : do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
Dr. Rick : Is it anywhere else on your body other then on your head?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been going on for 2 years now..... I smoke about 25 smokes a day.
Most doctors have put me on creams like Rozex, or eczema creams with cortisone in them...... But that's it no oral tablets or nothing. I have had a few anti histamine's and they help a little but the next day it could be worse.i also have spots on my body aswell..... Few on my back,shoulders and a few on my chest and also the odd one on my legs.... But I have a few eczema spots on my legs too but no where else only legs but they cleared up but still see where they use to be..... I also have a blood disorder called polycythemia
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Toby,

I am sorry to hear that you have been suffering with this issue for so long.

Ok. Well, it sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

If you could tell me what large city you live near and how far it would be possible for you to travel in seeking treatment I would be happy to give you some names. Of course, you could also ask friends and associates or check the internet yourself. Let me know what you would like to do.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Some sort of help or medicine, something recommended
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Toby,

I am sure that you understand the limitations "examining" you using internet chat as my only diagnostic tool places on me.

You have been getting care from highly qualified doctors for a number of years now and, yet, you are still suffering. I'm sorry but there is no way I can come up with a new drug that is going to cure you here online.

I do feel, however, that if you gather up your records and head to a large University Teaching Hospital you will have an excellent change of getting the relief you seek.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three faces, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest