Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I have a slight "plugged" feeling in my right ear. Kind of

I have a slight "plugged" feeling in my right ear. Kind of like having some water in it. This has been on the tail end of a cold, and has been off and on all day. I'm scheduled to for a 2 hour flight about 7 hours from now. Should I cancel, or is there something else less drastic I can do?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

You should be fine to fly.

Dr. Rick :

I suggest you take a 50 mg tablet of benadryl about an hour before boarding your flight. Also bring chewing gum with you and use it during takeoff and landing.

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS