Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi~I have been talking with Dr. Rick and Dr. Ben about my eye

Customer Question

Hi~I have been talking with Dr. Rick and Dr. Ben about my eye problems all along~I just had a quick question today~or maybe two~ I was rather bothered today~the Anniversary of my husband's sudden death~ by mistake I put one drop in twice in each eye Azopt op instead of combigan op~I never did this before~ I also have to use Lumigan at bedtime~I have high eye pressure~ but as of now I am only considered a Suspect for glaucoma and no damage has been done thus far~I immediately washed my eyes out and did not keep them closed and then put the right one in~ would this hurt my eyes~ also it is suggested drops be put in the fridge~I find one says not to go below 15 degrees and the fridge does~the other drops have a lower tolerance of 2 and 3 degrees~ so now I don't put any in the fridge~I know that one can feel them better if this is done~thanks Martha
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Martha,

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. Thank you for your patience. I've been on a snowmobile trip and my laptop is too heavy to carry on my back along the bumpy trails :)

Putting two drops of Azopt in your eyes is not a problem. If this happens again in the future, there is no need to try and wash out the "extra" drop as it will not hurt anything at all.

As we discussed before, I like putting the drops in the fridge so it is easier to tell when the drop hits your eyeball. This way you can be confident that the medicine gets in.

I would be overly concerned about the temp of the fridge. I really think that the temperature of your fridge is not cold enough to damage the medicine.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Have a good day :-)
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dr. Rick~I seem to sure have many questions~ but my Optomitrist said I have 20- 20- vision in my right eye up close~I have to wear glasses for distance~ so I ordered a contact for that eye~maybe I shared this with you~ but to make a long story short~ I am not used to putting a thinner lens in ~ after wearing a thick one in my left cataract eye~it felt good and I could see well with it~ at the end of the day I could not remove it and everyone said it was not there~ who were with me~I went to out patients and the Doctor there also said it was not there~ but I could see well~ so I knew that it had to be there~he froze my eye and put a dye in~I must have told you~ as you said it would not damage the lens~ anyway she said I had to wear reader glasses if I had that contact in in 2.75 strength~I looked every place and no one had that strength and finally I called a real Lens Crafter~ rather than the cheap places~they said that they do not make them over 2.50~also they said contacts come in bi- focals~thus I wondered to why the Optomitrist could not have prescribed these~maybe it is age related~ I think you also said this ~ we had so much going on between us~ you may already have explained the why~but it seems so silly to have to take glasses off to see close and also take a contact out~or wear those cheap reader glasses~ all for vanity perhaps~ she must know what she is talking about I hope~I have to admit wearing the contact feels more comfortable than glasses~ as it makes me more balanced when I have one in the other eye~ I have seen women ~ who like me wear a medical contact in both eyes and also wear glasses on top of it~ I don't seem to need this in my left eye~ Martha~I hope you enjoyed your ski- doo trip and are relaxed to answer all my questions~I put my drops in the fridge as you suggested~

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Martha,

The trip was a blast...today it is 34F and the snow is melting. Time to put the snowmobile away and start thinking about the garden.

Take care and let me know what else I can do for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not see an answer to my last above questions~maybe you only saw the last part about the ski doo trip???although I am happy that you had a Blast~:-)Martha

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
You had mentioned that you thought we had already gone over all the issues you mentioned...and we have -- so I didn't think you needed the answers again but, rather, were just letting me know how things are going...

Sorry about that. Let me know what I can do.

And, yes, bifocal contacts are an option. I'd ask your optometrist about them again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I agree that we have gone over many things before~I was frustrated this week~ as my Optomitrist's secretary called and said my contact lens were in~I asked her three times about the other medical thicker one and she said it was not in~I found out on the week~ end that it was there all along~ my Optomitrist only works Sundays~ she was in the previous week replacing someone~ anyway now I have to wait until after Easter to get my contact~I don't care as much about the right ones~ but my thick one is old~ then I asked them where I could get 2.75 reading glasses as me and my son tried every place~I finally called a professional place and they only make them up to 2.5~to make a long story shorter I then began to wonder~ since I knew they did make bifocals in contacts WHY my Doctor did not prescribe them instead of getting me to look for these glasses~I mentioned to you I remember about younger girls at my work being able to adjust from distance to close~ you mentioned age~so I felt even though I have 20-20 up close maybe age has something to do with my strange situation~plus I remember now a cousin of mine back East told me the same story about herself~ is why she did not care to wear the contacts except for social occasions~she had to take her glasses off to see close~ again you would think they could be made bi-focal~I am the same here as well~there must be something missing in this situation~that poor girl will have so many questions thrown at her when I get there~ sorry to be so pesty~Martha~

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
2.5 readers should work just fine, no need to run all over town looking for 2.75

You're not being pesty :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I guess I must be OCD if not pesty~:-)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
:)